Toronto Child Psychoanalytic Program: Past Director, Faculty Member, Supervisor
Canadian Association of Psychoanalytic Child Therapists: Past President, Member
Ontario Society of Psychotherapists: Clinical Member.
International Association for Psychoanalytic Self Psychology: Member
Institute for the Advancement of Self Psychology: Member
National Association for Drama Therapy: Registered Drama Therapist
- I received my training in child psychotherapy with the Toronto Child Psychoanalytic Program. (TCPP) The program was at that time comprised of four years of academic study with a further requirement of supervised clinical experience which required three more years of training.
- I then undertook further training to expand my practice to the provision of psychotherapy for adults, in accordance with the requirements laid down by my professional association. (CAPCT)
- Following a career in theatre and drama which began in the 1960s in Melbourne, Australia, I received an MFA in Theatre from York University in Toronto. After graduating, I became involved in teaching drama to adults and children of all ages, providing creative drama workshops for teachers, groups and individuals.
- This work proved so fascinating that I subsequently pursued the dual tracks of distance training in Drama Therapy through the National Association for Drama Therapy in the United States, simultaneous with my studies with the TCPP.
- I entered the TCPP training while working as a drama therapist with Easter Seals Ontario Preschool programs, two integrated pre-school programs for children with disabilities. During my time with Easter Seals Preschool Programs, drama therapy became an integral part of the curriculum, including workshops for teachers and parents.
- This resulted in my receiving a diploma in psychoanalytic child therapy from the TCPP and my accreditation as a Registered Drama Therapist from the NADT in the US.